(These pics are a little fuzzy since they were taken with my phone. I'll post better pics once I figure out how to get my camera working with my computer)
A few years ago when I decided to upgrade to a king size bed, which I highly recommend to everyone, I didn't realize how much a king size bed frame costs! I looked seemingly everywhere and couldn't find one that I liked that was also a reasonable price. Thus began my search! Caleb and I went down to a questionable pocket of St. Louis where antique stores line the street. Going to antique row on Cherokee Street is a day well spent! Anyways, we went on a search for a king sized bed frame at antique stores. If you know anything about antiques, you know that they don't come in king size. I quickly learned that the largest antique bed frame is a double. Glad I don't live in the olden days! While we were meandering around one of the stores I was looking outside at garden antiques(junk) and noticed a very long row of old doors resting like fallen dominoes under an old rusty awning. A light bulb went on and I realized that I could make an affordable bed from doors. Thankfully I have a great brother-in-law who has lots of saws and knows about making furniture. He agreed to help me and now Caleb and I have a very large bed! The head and foot board are made from old, dark green pocket doors that weigh about 150lbs each.
Your bed is beautiful!! And so creative!
ReplyDelete